Millions of Americans fight chronic sinus issues every day. There are many treatments and therapies on the market, and balloon sinuplasty has shown promise in many patients. This procedure offers many benefits, which is why it has become such an attractive option for many patients.
Some of the benefits include:
- Local Anesthetic—this broadens the number of patients who might be eligible for the procedure, including those who cannot be under a general anesthetic.
- Short Recovery Times— This procedure offers shorter recovery times than some sinus procedures. This enables the patient to get back to their normal routine in a day or two.
- Comfort— The procedure is performed in a doctor’s office and not a hospital, helping patients avoid some of the anxiety.
- Patient Satisfaction— Many patients who have undergone the procedure would recommend it to family and friends.
- Lower Cost— The procedure may offer lower out-of-pocket balloon sinuplasty cost for many patients because of the lower cost-of-care since the procedure is performed in a doctor’s office.
This procedure can offer relief for patients with serious sinus issues, and the procedure is performed with the use with a catheter and balloon, similar to those used to treat cardiac patients. Contact your doctor today to find out how the procedure can help you.